Zanshin Karate Club For
Fun, Fitness and Self Defence!
We have classes for all ages (5-65), our kids classes and adult classes cater for people of all fitness levels. One of the attractions of karate, is the fact that everything can be practiced at your own pace.
Today, many people are being attracted to karate, our lives are getting easier, fast food, remote controls and computer games rule the day. Zanshin karate club gives it’s practitioners a body and mind workout, that is much needed.
Call or email now to book your 2 Weeks of FREE karate classes!
Zanshin karate club was first established in 1976. We always welcome new people to our karate club and look forward to helping new karateka (someone who practices karate), reach the coveted Black Belt!
Our Karate, A Brief History
Shotokan Karate as we know it today, has been practiced for over 50 years in the UK, for nearly 100 years in Japan. Master Gichin Funakoshi brought his style of karate to Japan in the early part of the 20th Century. The Japanese were amazed and took this martial art style from Okinawa, as their own.
Master Gichin Funakoshi, along with his son Gigo Funakoshi, developed the already present Okinawan fighting system known as Okinawa-te (Okinawa hand), into what we know today, as Shotokan Karate. Japan also played a major role in the early development of shotokan karate.
Want To Start Karate?
How To Chose The Right Karate For You
Choose The Right Dojo For You!
It's important to know what you want from karate
If it's self defence you are after, you will need to find a karate school that place emphasise on street self defence training.
If it's fitness, you may not want sparring or kata (forms), but lots of stamina training.
For competition training you need to find a dojo that concentrate on the competition side of karate.
If you are looking for overall health, fitness and character development, it may be a karate dojo that practices the '3K', which are, 1~ kata (forms), 2~ kihon (basic karate moves) and 3~ kumite (sparring).
The majority of traditional karate Dojo, fall into the '3K' category
Karate Training - The 3 K's of Karate (Kihon, Kumite and Kata)
- Kihon translates as basics or fundamentals. Many karate classes across the world, refer to the practice of the basic karate techniques, as Kihon.
- Kumite translates as sparring. Kumite is usually practiced after the kihon section. This is the part of karate in which you partner up with other karateka in the dojo and test the techniques learned from the kihon (basics) and kata (Forms)
- Kata translates as form. Kata are the detailed choreographed patterns of karate moves, There are many karate kata, starting from the very basic kata, up to very complicated black belt kata.
Karate Benefits For All The Family...
Karate training gives adults an excellent escape from the trials and challenges of our everyday lives. It is great for relieving stress, improving fitness, flexibility, strength, it gives us goals to achieve and even a career for some!
For children, the benefits are incredible. From the not so obvious, like coordination, balance, agility, breathing, discipline, focus and achievement. to the more obvious benefits, like fitness, confidence and self defence.
Make this year, the year for you and your family, to become fit and healthy!
The great thing about learning karate, is the ability for everyone to progress at their own pace. There are people attending karate classes for weight loss, fitness, self defence, socializing. There is nothing more pleasing to me, than watching people improve and change their lives for the better.
"Call or Email To Book Your Two Weeks Of Free Classes."
"Email ~ email@example.com Mobile ~ 07730666796"
Try our FREE home study karate videos, before you come to the Dojo!
If you are still not to sure, why not take a look at some karate video tutorials. Visit shotokankarateonline.com :)
- Karate is for everyone! There is no pressure, you can progress at your own pace, so if you think you are unfit, it doesn't matter!
- Transformation: I have seen lots of people start karate and completely transformed their lives!
- Karate For Life: Karate is such a fascinating art, there is something for every personality. Do not think you have to be a 'fighter', because that couldn't be further from the truth!
karate Is For All Ages Irrespective Of Fitness Levels
Start Your Free, No Risk, 2 Week trial!
Simply Email or Call and let us know where you live and we will send you all the relevant information :)
Email ~ firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile ~ 07730666796
P.S.: Hope to see you at one of our karate classes real soon :)